Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Case of the Grumps!

Is anyone else feeling a bit overwhelmed this January?  Maybe it is just me, but the cosmos seems to be shoveling things on that I just do not have room for and it is making me a lot more crabby than I would like!

Things like a destroyed fab for the brand new van after a snow plow played hockey with it.


Or having nap time result in this a few days in a row..


How about resorting to bribery for potty training that has taken a few giant steps backward over the holiday? (No, she hasn't earned it yet!)

I make the mistake, far too often, (and I know I am not the only one) and I get wrapped up in everything that doesn't matter and I forget what does.  It is what makes the days seem long and the years oh so short because what we remember in a year is the important parts and they have been abbreviated with inconsequentials so often.

I was so thankful for our spring wave last week.  It gave me that itch to get out of the house and breathe some fresh air in and enjoy just being.


I love when a look from your child, that you were about ready to go crazy on a minute ago, just wipes it all away and reminds you of everything that is worth something.  





I will continue to pray for more clarifying moments like those and in the mean time I need to find one of those car size bows to wrap around my finger for a reminder.  



  

No comments: