Friday, December 30, 2011

Wrapping My Head Around The Holidays

It is anything but easy to jump from the chaos of the holiday season, with its own set of drama’s, tasks, stresses, reasons to smile and festivities, to the regularly scheduled program we call everyday life.  The holidays really start Thanksgiving weekend and extend through the beginning of next week for most.  Now that the vacation days are dwindling I am trying to wrap my head around all that has happened in this last month.  I still feel like I have to get the kids dressed up and head somewhere and there are still gifts to buy, things to wrap and people to see.  I can’t stop moving!  I came home a few days ago from our last round of traveling and I haven’t been able to sit down because the house needs gone through, the toys need sorted, the unpacking needed done and on and on and on…  I am exhausted, yet it is all self inflicted, so I can only blame the one in the mirror!  If things don’t get done now though they have to be tackled next week when I have school in the mix too?  I will make myself sit down at some point.  Hopefully.


The Trip Trap Train the girls like to set up when I am cleaning the floors and need to move the furniture.  They gave me a great 20 minute window.  One more thing checked off the list and closer to relaxing with the girls.  That is always my end goal. 

 

No comments: