Saturday, May 26, 2012

Summer has Arrived!

We still have a couple of days of school left, but who are we kidding here?  Summer is here and a class party and wrap up day do not stand in the way of that!  The weather says it is summer, the bugs and plants say it is summer and the adorable little animals at Connor Prairie say so as well.


She is the lamb whisperer, the cat whisperer and just about anything else.  I am pretty sure she could walk up to a tiger and hug him, but we won't test that theory.  I have been known to be wrong sometimes.

It is such a blessing to have a place like Connor Prairie close by that we can go to anytime and just sit and pet a goat, sheep, calf, chick or donkey.  If we are lucky the pigs are out running around while we are there and the horses are within petting range.

This summer shook my hand with a different feel than previous summers.  There are no strollers, not even wagons!  There is no special foods or drinks I have to tote around for anyone and no bibs and no diapers.  I have never experienced a summer such as this!  I watched the three younger girls race up the hills ahead of me and it just hit me, again, how fast they are growing up.


Every summer will have its special brand and marking on my heart.  I am eager to see what this summer's looks like and I am eager to have all four of my girls home to go on adventures with!






No comments: