Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Hearts Day!!

Happy Hearts Day!

Though, in the past, this time of year has seemed like we were going at a sluggish pace, this year we are blazing like cheetahs through the days.  We have been SO busy and just trying to keep up with all of the projects, events and deadlines.  Valentine’s Day fell right in the middle of crazy this year, but we did, somehow, manage to remember what the day is about. 

Starting back in the beginning of February I organized a Valentine’s event for the multiples club I am involved in.  The day turned out to be a great time and many children and parents came out to enjoy. 





Of course, no Valentine’s Day is complete without the plethora of school valentine cards that need made!  This year I found “Make your own Candy Bracelets”.  They were complete with a food coloring marker and everything.  My first thought was to make them all and put each child’s initials on them and staple them to the handmade cards we were making.  Cute right?  Well, before you agree let me tell you that my 4 year olds each had 5 to make and my 6 year old had 42 to make.  I know, I know… but, I thought it would be nice.  My husband quickly gave me one of those “Are you out of you flippin’ mind” looks and said we should just staple them on the handmade cards and that he would make a little sign that read “make your own candy bracelet”.  After spending about 2 hours on this process alone I groveled and thanked him for his reasonable thinking skills. 
The girls did make one each for themselves though and they loved them.




Valentine’s morning Daddy woke up Skyla with roses, gave me gifts and roses and then handed out roses to his other ladies when we met him for lunch.  So fun.  The girls marched into lunch each carrying a bag for their daddy filled with some of his favorite things. 



We hugged, we laughed, we shopped and had a great dinner all together. 

I hope you had a beautiful Valentine’s Day with those you love!

No comments: