Thursday, February 9, 2012

This Is The LAST Time!

I have done this three times before and let me tell you…  it does not get any easier.  What am I talking about??? 

POTTY TRAINING!



I have done this a hand full of times now and every child is so different.   Journey is no exception.  She turned two in October of last year and so it is time to start this process and she needs to be all ready for school to start in the fall.  So, here we go.  The endless asking “do you have to go potty?”, the long visits while I sit on the bathroom floor, the pull ups, the accidents, the loss of convenience and the slow gain of independence. 
I try to use positive reinforcements and I have done all sorts of things while potty training my crew.  I can’t say any one thing works best because what worked for one did not for the other.  It is a game of what can I find that matters enough to her to be a big enough positive reward.  I have a painful feeling in my stomach that this one will be my most challenging game yet.
BUT, this is the last time I have to do this.  I will triumph… eventually, and my goal is to keep this whole thing as positive as I possibly can.  It will come with time and there is no pressure. Right? 
Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

Jessica Lawson said...

Good for you for trying to be gentle and positive during such a challenging process. I think that this approach will not only help maintain sanity, but will help little Journey maintain a positive relationship with the bathroom and with her body. Good luck!