Saturday, April 14, 2012

Locks Away

The Harden girls were LONG overdue for the annual trip to the salon.  Thanks to Disney’s creative team all of my girls wanted long, luscious hair they could gather and run with and use as lassos whenever found in imminent danger.  What Disney failed to capture were the tangles (ironic it being the name and all), the tortuous 10 minutes of hair brushing in the morning and night for at least three little girls with long enough hair to be, in fact, tangled. 

We had had enough and it was time for the “trim”.  “Hair cut” is a shunned phrase around these parts and the simple innocent mention of it will leave you with a team of hip holding little girls, all speaking in a multitude of ways, loudly, that they are NOT getting a hair cut, JUST a trim.

The trim appointments were made, rescheduled and made again and the day came.  I am pretty sure I did a little dance that morning, to myself of course, when it was hair brushing time and my most tender headed wailed when she only saw the brush. 

Before we left that morning I painted all 80 nails of these little girls with assorted patterns and colors and made the day a spa/girl day.  It was fun.  My youngest, age 2, was not participating in the trim’s, but she was just as excited as the others.  So, off we went!









The girls looked and felt great after their salon trip and so we were off to an outside lunch on the beautiful day. 



Love, love, love these fun times.  Some days I wish were shorter, but others I wish I could just stand still in for a while.

No comments: