Thursday, October 11, 2012

Let er' R.I.P.

The time has come.  The frost is here almost every night lately, the bitter cold days are coming and it is time to let the Tower Garden plants finish their summer course.

I have to admit, it is a little sad to see it so wilty out there and not do anything to perk up my little plants, but we are not going to throw blankets over our plant children every night.  We are mid-westerners, after all,  and our seasons dictate that our fruit bearing beauties have to be done for a while.

We are still picking tomatoes and peppers regularly, but the production has slowed drastically and with every night more and more stems are browning.





I know it is sad...

Look at those peppers and tomatoes still.... holding.... on....

This is also exciting, though, because now we can do our fall cleaning and take our tower apart piece by piece getting it ready for the Fall INDOOR trials!  I have never grown anything indoors in my life, so this will be truly a "trial" on my part.  We will work through kinks like we did with the outdoor growing and keep you all updated as to how things are going.

I was telling a friend last week that my husband and I have a lime green thumbs, but it is getting a deeper green every season.  Life is a learning process, right? (Though, I must say, the Tower Garden makes it much easier to look like a Master Gardener!)


That is Brian after a good day of farming!

Next Tower Garden Post will be on the Fall Clean Up!

Happy Autumn My Friends!!!!

No comments: